Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Borrowers

Every once in a while someone will recommend to me a children's book. I just finished reading Heather Graham's book "Seance" so I thought, why not read it now? I have no idea of how, but 'The Borrowers' was already on my bookshelf.
It's a cute little book, but I really don't recommend it as an adult read, like say the Mary Poppins series or the Alice in Wonderland series. However, it would be a great book to read to the ten and under set before bedtime. I can pretty well guarantee that they will love it.

3 comments:

gena said...

LOVED that book as a kid and so did my boys ! The movies were adorable as well... fun, fun, fun !


thinking of you tomorrow....
hugs,
gena

THE OLD GEEZER said...

Hi Mary, thanks for your book recommendation. I'll be sure and pass the information on to my grandchildren and their parents :-)

Take care and have a great week

~Ron
******

wonderfullyflo.com said...

Such a brilliant book! The BBC did a TV adaption that I would highly recommend too :D

Sociable

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails