Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Blur

At first, I thought it was just the tv set having an interruption in it's reception. Then I thought it was my eyesight. After all, I am over 30, well over. But I am persistent, so I asked those viewing the television with me. They assured me, it wasn't my eyes. It really was there.

The blurrr.

You might not know off hand what the blurr is, but I'm sure you've seen it. Watch your television programing for a group of teens together and try to read the logos on their t-shirts. Most probably you'll be able to read the saying on the t-shirts, but you won't be able to read any of the logos or emblems. They'll be blurred out.

It's a copyright thing.

So even if you paid the money to have the famous Coca Cola script on your clothing, if you are on camera, on television, the script will be blurred out. A bit silly, I think.

Of course, if you happen to be a famous movie director, companies will pay good money for their product to show up unobtrusively in the movie. Reese's Pieces in the movie ET comes to mind for me, but their are others. For example, if the characters are drinking Pepsi, no one else will be drinking Mountain Dew.

I can understand that if there is a picture of someone in a car crash, auto companies wouldn't want their car logos to show. Unless of course the car shows extra safety in a crash. Or you wouldn't want the picture of a drunk on the street, and the logo of your brewery clearly visible. But for other benign situations? In my opinion, if I've paid for your company logo on my clothing, that should show up in any pictures of me wearing it.

Now that I've told you about the blurr, have you noticed it? I bet you will now.

3 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Yes, along with the beep and the bird song that is often used to cover up things they don't want us to hear, I'm also familiar with the blurr - annoying isn't it?

Sunny said...

Yes, I've seen it often. I always assume it is blurring out something obscene. Otherwise, why do it.

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

All about the blur. Works for me...finally a little bit of censoring!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 - Gavel - Staticbanner