Saturday, May 29, 2010

FUD





You never now what is going to come up in conversation, the other day it was Go Girl. I had no idea what a Go Girl was, but waited for someone else to ask. I figured that I could Google it later on to find out, if needed.






"You know, it's a fud." I had no idea what a fud was either. I have pictures on my blog, so I'm sure you know.

Fud, as in ef u dee, fud. Go ahead and Google it, so I did. I wish though that I had stayed around for the whole conversation, because now that I know what a fud is, and generally how to use it, I'd like to ask more specific questions.
Apparently, fuds have been around for a long time, I just haven't been aware of them. May-be you have?
F emale


U rinary D evice ( or D irector) was the clever answer to non-existant or dirty toilets. The first one, or I guess to be more accurate, the first patent was in 1918 by Edyth Lacy. She called it the "Sanitary Protector." It was to be made of cheap material, so that it could be used once, and then discarded. Since then, many more fuds have been made. Most of them are made of silicone, and are made to be re-used. They aren't cheap either, then again, they are an investment in not having to worry about germy, toilet seats ever again. Truly, I am starting to think, that instead of training our daughters to sit on a potty, we will be training them to use a fud. One fud maker, the p-style, actually offers a bulk order discount.
We've seemed to come full circle now, the latest addition to the fud is the Urinelle from France. It is made of paper, and is bought in packs. Use it once and throw it away.
Now according to all the customer comments that I have read, fuds are incredibly easy to use, and take very little practice. I, on the other hand, am probably one of the least graceful (is it possible to be the most least graceful? If so, I am.) people you will ever meet. But you are supposed to be able to use these without having to "drop trou", if you wear zippered or button pants. Wearing a dress or skirt makes it that much easier, but I rather doubt it, and elastic waisted pants are a bit more tricky. Anyway, one of these days, the fear of the drug resistant germs and spotty toilets will probably drive me to buy a fud, though I'm not sure which one. They really do seem like a good idea.
And for you contest lovers, GoGirl has a sweepstakes going. The deadline is December 31, 1010. There are a lot of pretty nice prizes, so check it out. Here is the link
http://www.go-girl.com/sweepstake.asp


Want more info?

6 comments:

Lily said...

ok, I think I've seen it all now.

Simple Faith and Life said...

Wow. What a concept. I can't imagine using it (gracefully, as you say), but it would sure be helpful when you can't find a rest stop on a trip...on the other hand: Help, where's the curtains in this sedan? :) I do remember, when I was a child, this female urinal at my church fellowship hall that you straddled. Never could figure that thing out. :)

SZM said...

Now that is a conversation starter....or stopper! I am dumbfounded!

On another note, thanks for stopping my blog!

Mary Bennett said...

Well guess what? Two of the FUDD makers are sending my samples to try out. Now that will be an adventure for someone who is as totally graceless as me! :)

Betsy said...

I had no idea that such a thing existed. who knew!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 - Gavel - Staticbanner