Thursday, May 27, 2010

Three Small Successes

I almost wasn't going to do this meme, but then I thought, hmmmm. So in an effort to stretch my intellect, here goes:
1. I started being able to do this about a week or two ago, but I am walking around our block. This is a success because it really wrecks me, and I have to rest for a while after it. I'm hoping that eventually, I will build up the stamina that this walk won't wreck me.

2. When someone, who will remain nameless, started asking me questions about how to use my new food processor, while I was working with the mixer that had meat working it's way up the beater and onto the actual mixer, I was able to not snap at them.

3. Even though I was tired last night, I shared the shopping chore with my equally tired dh, and we took the kids with us. And both of us were pleasant to our kids, who it seems, never get tired anymore.

FaithButton

4 comments:

majellamom said...

I'm fairly certain that kids suck energy from the nearest adult (something somewhat akin to osmosis) which is why kids are never tired and parents always are. Good successes this week!

Anonymous said...

Congratlations on going for a walk. It is so difficult to find time to take care of ourselves. I'm proud of you! :)

Therese said...

walking is something I need to do more. We have had such bad weather this week and it is hard to find the time to walk. My hubby has been out three times this week. If I could just get more organised I could do it too.

Mary Bennett said...

Thank-you everybody!! :) Yes, it's not just the walk that is hard to find the time for, but also the inclination. After a full day, I just want to veg on the couch! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 - Gavel - Staticbanner