More pearls of wisdom learned at the UOHK, the University of Hard Knocks
8. When you don't have an extra diaper, diaper wipes or change of clothes and you are either far from home or involved with a project that will take a long time, the diapers you've trusted right along will have a blow out.
9. Always check your key ring to make sure you have the house key on it. Especially if you've recently been in the hospital, and the house key might have been removed from your key ring to give to someone who is helping to take care of the kids.
10. Make sure you turn off the oven after using it. Immediately afterwards or you might not realize it for a few hours, or days!
11. Do NOT let your kids look at the box of free kittens at the grocery store. You don't look either.
12. There is no such thing as a free puppy or kitten. I never understood it when my father said it, but now I do.
13. Enjoy the late night and early morning feedings with your baby. All in all, there aren't that many of them.