Saturday, April 10, 2010

How do they do it?

I've often wondered how people who have multiple children and blog, do it? The blogging I mean. One of my favorite bloggers has eleven, yes eleven, children at home and she blogs every few days. Another of my favorite bloggers has seven children at home and she blogs at least weekly.

Apparently a devoted Labrador and two spoiled cats are more distracting than a household of children all clamoring to use the computer!
I'm holding my breath, I can't wait for my interview with Linda Meigel, the author of Monkey Shine. My daughter just finished reading Monkey Shine and we ended up talking about the book for about an hour. The recent mine disasters in China and Pennsylvania bought the book back to mind and we both shivered! If you haven't read the book yet, I really urge you to get a copy and read it. It is a really unusual book - not in the horror genre and yet ... it is a horror book of sorts. Not overly gory, although there is some gore (unlike most gore, the gore in this book accentuated the story), more a psychological horror. It is the kind of story that will make you hear strange tappings in the middle of the night - so be forewarned! I personally hope this isn't a one book author. I'd like to read a sequel, although I don't know if there is a sequel in the works. But I should know soon!

That horrible end of March rain storm has been over for over a week now, but the ground is still wet, saturated actually. You can see water seeping out of the rock walls on the side of the roads and many yards still have pond sized puddles in them. According to a newspaper article I read, we can expect more storms like this because of changing weather patterns. May-be the severity of this storm was actually more of a blessing than a curse, because it has motivated all of us to waterproof our basements and other tasks. A less severe storm would have made us feel comfortable to just put the tasks off for tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the day after that....


.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 - Gavel - Staticbanner